List of active policies
|Terms of Service||Site policy||Authenticated users|
WeBeep ("WeBeep") is a free service aimed at supporting and complementing institutional teaching and learning at Politecnico di Milano ("Polimi").
You shall abide by Polimi Regulations on personal data protection and ICT security [Regolamento per la protezione dei dati personali e della sicurezza dei servizi informatici – available in Italian only].
If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, you cannot use the Site.
Polimi reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time: in this case you will be asked to abide by the new version of these Terms.
Rules for online conduct
You agree to abide by all applicable laws and prevailing rules of conduct for computer and network use, notably by refraining from intentionally engaging in any activities that constitute or may give rise to:
- identity theft;
- modifying, altering or destroying data that does not belong to you;
- inspecting data belonging to other users without their authorization;
- connecting to or attempting to connect to an account without proper authorization;
- using the Site (or one of its features or integrated plugins) in a way that deviates from its planned purpose of supporting and complementing Polimi institutional teaching and learning;
- publishing, disclosing, circulating WeBeep content in any way or form and by any means, including by email or other electronic means, without the prior written consent of the of the rights holders;
- damaging, disabling, overcharging, impairing or disrupting the Site, the server or the network.
You further agree that you will not e-mail or post any of the following content anywhere on the Site:
- content that defames or threatens others;
- harassing statements or content that violates the applicable laws;
- content that discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- content related to partisan political activities;
- material that contains obscene (i.e. pornographic) language or images;
- advertising or any form of commercial solicitation;
- content that is otherwise unlawful;
- intentionally misleading or inaccurate content;
- content that infringes another's intellectual property, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets.
Copyrighted material, including but not limited to software, graphics, text, photographs, sound, video and musical recordings, shall not be placed on WeBeep without the express permission of the owner of the intellectual property rights on the material, or other legal entitlement to use the material.
You agree to indemnify and hold Polimi harmless from any claims, actions, demands, losses or damages, including legal fees, arising out of, resulting from or in any way related to your use of WeBeep, your posting on WeBeep or your violation of these Terms.
- It is your responsibility to keep a backup copy of any pages or files you create/upload on WeBeep: Polimi is in no way responsible for data loss.
- You have full individual liability for what you publish on WeBeep.
- It is your responsibility to set proper access controls whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to WeBeep, or to make contact with other users of WeBeep.
Polimi bears no responsibility for contents published and/or uploaded by users on the pages hosted on WeBeep.
Some of the pages of WeBeep may contain resources such as forums and blogs in which users are able to post messages for viewing by others. Polimi does not monitor the content of any such pages and will not be liable for the users' conduct, nor for the consequences that can arise from it.
Suspension and termination of the service
Under normal circumstances, the Site is accessible 24 hours a day every day of the week, except during service interruptions due to scheduled maintenance or emergency maintenance or due to the occurrence of a force majeure event. WeBeep assumes no liability for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from the unavailability of the Site.
Polimi retains explicitly the right to make a course no longer available on WeBeep after 24 months from its end date according to academic calendar. After this period the course will be archived for a maximum of 2 years, during which time the instructor can ask to access a backup copy of the course no longer available on WeBeep by sending a request through the online form
Links to other sites
WeBeep may contain links or embedded links to third-party websites. Polimi has no control over such websites and does not endorse the content or the operations or services that might be associated with them. Polimi cannot accept any liability for such third-party websites.
To ask any questions regarding these Terms or to report any malfunctioning, you can contact Polimi through the online form.
How the WeBeep platform is managed in relation to the cookies of its users: WeBeep is offered by Politecnico di Milano ("Polimi"); this website uses only technical, first-party and third-party cookies to ensure the smooth functioning of the platform and to make improvements.
1. Purposes of using cookies
2. Used cookies
WeBeep uses two types of cookies: session cookies for authentication (online services and reserved areas) and to balance website load and monitoring cookies (Google Analytics).
2.1 Session cookies
WeBeep uses session cookies, essential to operate authentication to online services and reserved areas. Session cookies remember information for the duration of a visit to the website and expire when you close your browser. The use of these cookies is strictly limited to transmit session identifiers required to enable a safe and efficient site browsing. If you disable session cookies, you may not be able to access features on WeBeep.
2.2 Third-party monitoring cookies
Cookies used by Google Analytics are listed below:
By using WeBeep, you consent to the processing of your data on the part of Google for the procedures and purposes indicated.
According to the Terms of service in place, Google will use this information, as the independent data controller, for the purpose of tracking and examining your use of the website, compiling reports on the website’s activities for the website operators and providing other services relating to the website’s activities, device and browser used etc. and where visitors have come to WeBeep from. Google may also transfer this information to third parties in the event this is obligatory by law and where said third parties process the aforementioned information on behalf of Google. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Google Analytics cookies can be disabled without any negative impact on the browsing of WeBeep by using this Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (see 4.2 Disabling only Google Analytics cookies).
3. Websites and third-party services
4. How to disable cookies
4.1 Disabling all cookies
You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies by using the cookie management setting tools of your browser. If you would prefer not to enable cookies, you will still be able to navigate WeBeep.
The links below provide instructions on how to disable cookies in all mainstream browsers (in case of other browsers please consult the corresponding help menu).
4.2 Disabling only Google Analytics cookies
You can block just Google analytics cookies by using this Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for mainstream browsers. This will allow you to use also WeBeep online services.
4.3 Deleting cookies already saved on your device
Even if you withdraw your consent to third party cookies, cookies may have been stored on your device prior to your withdrawal. Due to technical reasons these cookies cannot be deleted, but you can normally delete cookies already saved on your device by using the “Clear browsing data” option in the privacy settings of your browser.